Terms & Conditions
1.0 - INFORMATION ABOUT US AND THE WEBSITE
The term 'Building Link Ltd', 'other websites shown on our homepage and registered to us', 'us' or 'we' refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is: Building Link Ltd, 111 Eastwood Drive, Highwoods, Colchester, Essex CO4 9EB. Our company registration number is 3694563.
Our business is operated from our sales office at:- Building Link Ltd Unit 11, Langham Barns Business Centre, Langham Lane, Langham, Colchester, Essex CO4 5ZS Tel: 01206 272020 E.mail: email@example.com Our VAT registration number is 732 2061 75.
The 'buyer' or 'you' refers to the user or viewer of our website. The 'seller' is Building Link Ltd.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited without our express written permission.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- You may not create a link to this website from another website or document without Building Link’s prior written consent.
- In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of or in conjunction with the use of this website.
- Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, Building Link (also known as other websites shown on our homepage and registered to us) takes no responsibility for and will not be liable for the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
- Your use of this website and any contracts undertaken for the purchases of Products through our site will be governed by the laws of England, Scotland and Wales.
- We have the right to revise and amend these terms and conditions from time to time.
- The products shown on our websites are personalised to show the effect that can be obtained, but do not necessarily imply that the products have been supplied or endorsed by the owners of the trademarks featured.
2.0 – VAT
- All prices quoted are exclusive of VAT unless otherwise stated. VAT (at the current rate) together any postage & packing charges will be detailed at the checkout. A VAT invoice will be sent with the goods.
3.0 – PAYMENT
- Our payment terms are strictly 30 days from receipt of goods for all account customers and pro-forma (payment up front) for all non-account customers.
- We reserve the right to charge debt recovery costs and interest on all late payments in accordance with the late payment legislation.
- For all non account customers: we accept all major UK issued credit and debit cards. We currently do not accept American Express, Diners Club or JCB cards. At the checkout you will be directed to a secure site to complete your transaction where your card details will be encrypted. Your card details will therefore not be seen or held by our company.
- Alternately you may telephone us with your credit card details. The details will be securely stored for verification purposes only.
- We will also accept cheque payments by post but please note we will not dispatch the goods until the funds have cleared in our bank account unless you have a credit account with us.
4.0 – ORIGINATION CHARGES
- Most printed orders require either a screen, die or template (set up). The costs of set up are included in the unit prices of the printed goods purchased online.
5.0 – ARTWORK
- Please see the artwork section on the homepage top navigation bar for artwork requirements.
6.0 – PROOFS
- Paper or pdf proofs are provided for the customer's approval before production commences. Unless specified the size and positioning of the printing will be at the discretion of the printer.
- It is the buyer's responsibility to check the PDF visual proof. The seller shall not be liable for any loss (including loss of profit), costs (including the cost of all labour and materials used), damages, charges and expenses incurred by the buyer as a result of errors in printed artwork where those errors were evident within the PDF visual proof approved by the buyer and the artwork was printed in accordance with that approved PDF visual proof.
7.0 – DELIVERY/RETURNS/CANCELLATIONS
- The delivered quantity is subject to 10% over or under run which will be invoiced.
- Every effort will be made to deliver the products on the date specified by the seller's order acknowledgement, but the seller cannot accept any liability for delays or late deliveries.
- If the goods are required for a specific 'no fail' date, the buyer must inform the seller in writing at the time the order is placed and the seller must confirm agreement of that date.
- The buyer is under duty to inspect the goods on delivery or collection whenever possible. Where the goods have not been examined the carrier's note, or such other note as appropriate, shall be marked 'not examined'.
- The seller is not liable for any damage or shortages that would have been apparent on reasonable careful inspection of the goods. Any discrepancy between the goods ordered and the goods delivered must be reported to the seller in writing within 7 days after delivery.
- In all cases where defects or shortages are reported, the seller shall be under no liability in respect thereof unless the buyer allows the seller to inspect the goods as supplied before they are used, altered or modified by the buyer.
8.0 – THE CONTRACT
By placing an order through our site, by email or on the telephone you warrant that;
You are resident in the UK You are at least 18yrs old You are legally capable of entering into binding contracts.
We reserve the right to cancel the contract at our discretion if:
- We have insufficient stock to deliver the goods you have ordered.
- The delivery address is outside of the UK mainland.
- One or more of the goods are listed at an incorrect price due to a typographical error or an error in the pricing information received by us from our suppliers.
If we cancel the contract we will notify you by e-mail and will re-credit any sum paid as soon as possible and in any event within 7 working days.
We will not be obliged to offer any additional compensation for disappointment suffered.
Acceptance of conditions
- The seller's terms and conditions apply to all contracts for the sale of goods by the seller to the buyer to the exclusion of all other terms and conditions including any terms or conditions which the buyer may purport to apply under any purchase order, Sales Order Confirmation or similar document.
- All orders for goods shall be deemed to be an offer by the buyer to purchase goods pursuant to these conditions.
- The placing by the buyer of an order for the purchase of the goods shall be deemed conclusive evidence of the buyer's acceptance of these conditions.
- Any variation to these conditions (including any special terms and conditions agreed between the parties) shall be inapplicable unless agreed in writing by the seller.
- The seller's employees or agents are not authorised to make any representations concerning the goods unless confirmed by the seller in writing. In entering into the contract the buyer acknowledges that it does not rely on, and waives any claim for breach of, any representations which are not so confirmed.
Orders and Specifications
- No order submitted by the buyer shall be deemed accepted by the seller unless confirmed in writing by the seller.
- The quantity and specification of the goods shall be those set out in the seller's Sales Order Acknowledgement. The seller is not liable for delays or costs incurred arising as a result of an incorrect delivery address supplied by the buyer.
- The seller reserves the right to make any changes in the specification of the goods which are required to conform with any applicable safety or other statutory or regulatory requirements or, where the goods are to be supplied to the seller's specification, which do not materially affect their quality or performance.
- No order which has been accepted by the seller may be cancelled by the buyer except with the agreement in writing of the seller on the terms that the buyer shall indemnify the seller in full against all loss (including loss of profit), costs (including the cost of all labour and materials used), damages, charges and expenses incurred by the seller as a result of the cancellation.
9.0 - SAMPLES
- The seller uses all reasonable efforts to ensure that the product descriptions on their website are accurate however product quality is subjective and no liability can be accepted where the buyer feels the quality or 'feel' of a product isn't what they expected. The buyer is advised in all cases to request samples for which there may be a cost.
- Where the buyer specifies that any printed artwork design etc (or any part thereof) is to match a specified Pantone reference or CMYK breakdown the buyer is aware that the colour of the finished print may appear different from the specified reference depending upon the nature of the substrate printed upon and the seller shall not be liable for any loss (including loss of profit), costs (including the cost of all labour and materials used), damages, charges and expenses incurred by the buyer in this regard. In all such cases the buyer should obtain a pre-production sample which may incur an extra cost.
10.0 - ASSIGNMENT
- The seller may assign the contract to any person, firm or company.
- The buyer may not assign the contract without the prior written consent of the seller.
11.0 – RISK AND TITLE
- Risk in the goods passes when they are delivered to the customer.
- Notwithstanding the earlier passing of risk title in the goods shall remain with the seller and shall not pass to the customer until the amount due under the invoice for them has been paid in full.
- Until title passes the buyer shall hold the goods as bailee for the seller and shall store or mark them so that they can at all times be identified as the property of the seller. The buyer will insure the goods against all reasonable risks.
12.0 – OUR LIABILITY
- Our liability in connection with any product purchased from the seller is strictly limited to the purchase of that product and no liability for any indirect loss or damage suffered by you in respect of the goods shall be accepted.
- In the event of any breach of this contract by the seller the remedies of the buyer shall be limited to damages to the contract value of the order. Under no circumstances shall the liability of the seller exceed the price of the goods.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on our products for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- We do not include or limit in any way our liability for any matter for which it would be illegal for us to exclude, or attempt to exclude, our liability.
- No omission by the Seller whether by way of indulgence or otherwise or failure to enforce the Seller's rights shall be construed as a waiver of any of the Seller's rights.
In the event of a complaint or any other enquiries please contact:-
Building Link Ltd (also known as websites as shown on the homepage and as registered to us) Unit 11, Langham Barns Business Centre, Langham Lane, Langham, Colchester, Essex CO4 5ZS Tel:- 01206 272020 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org